The Entrance Hall
Pause to take in the different armour on display.
Sir John’s Room
Home to Roger Wearne’s historic tidal clock made around 1780, which enabled the family to plan their crossings according to the tides.
Its shelves stacked with beautifully-bound books, the library houses an Italian gaming table on which chess, draughts and cards have been played through the ages.
Gaze upwards to the intricate plaster frieze depicting a series of hunting scenes, and admire stained-glass windows made from glass panels of Dutch, French and Flemish origin.
The Small Blue Room
Peek through the terrace windows to see a collection of paintings by John Opie – an artist from St Agnes who was known as ‘The Cornish Wonder’.
The Priory Church
Take a look behind the altar to see three alabaster panels over 500 years old, each depicting significant religious scenes. The lantern cross now stands within the shelter of the priory walls, and at the west end of the church, the St Michael rose window dates back to the 15th Century.
The Map Room
The collection of maps is augmented by a mummified cat and by a model of St Michael’s Mount made in 1932 by the butler from champagne corks.
The Long Passage
Meet the St Aubyn family in a series of portraits before you proceed down the Long Passage.
The Garrison Room
A magnificent Samurai Warrior sits alongside arms from England and from far flung places.
Atop the castle walls, the terraces afford mesmerising views to the gardens, Mounts Bay, Marazion, the Lizard Peninsula to the South and Lamorna to the West.