The Marazion Pass
The Marazion Pass will provide Marazion residents with free access to the village and harbour between 1st April and 30th September during opening hours. Alongside the Free Access Period, this will give Marazion residents year-round access. Passes can be applied for by a Marazion resident on their first visit on or after 1st April.
- A Marazion resident is defined as a person whose primary residence is in the parish of Marazion.
- The Free Access Period will provide Marazion residents with access to the village and harbour between 1st October and 31st March. Click here for further information. Between 1st April and 30th September Marazion residents can access the village and harbour through a Marazion Pass.
- Obtaining a Marazion Pass is simple:
a) Permanent residents of a household within the parish of Marazion just need to show proof of primary residency at the Change House on the Mount’s harbour front, either with a driving license, copy bank statement or an electoral roll polling card, the first time they visit on or after April 1st. No documents will be copied or retained, but a member of the team will complete a visual check.
b) Your photograph will be taken and a pass made while you wait. This will take a few minutes and you will be asked to sign a standard set of Terms & Conditions.
c) On future visits to the island, you will show the pass before boarding a boat on the mainland or at the checkpoint at the end of the causeway.
- Any permanent resident of a household aged 18 and over can get a pass and it’s one adult one pass. Under 18s do not need a pass but must be accompanied by a Marazion Pass holder to visit the island i.e under 18s cannot access the island by themselves.
- Marazion Pass holders do not need to book online to visit – they just turn up with their pass during opening hours. Opening hours vary throughout the year. See opening days and times here.
- In February, March, November and December the ferryboats don’t operate for visitors and access is on foot only across the cobbled causeway.
- Between 1st April and 31st October the ferryboats operate for the public during opening hours, subject to weather. The Marazion Pass does not include a boat ticket and these can be purchased in advance or on the day of your visit from our website if the causeway is covered by the sea. Click here for boat tickets.
- The Marazion Pass does not include car parking fees. Click here for further information on car parking.
- Dogs are welcomed in the village and harbour during opening hours between 1st October and 31st March. All dogs should be kept on a lead. Dogs are not allowed onto the island between 1st April and 30th September including the harbour and village. See our dog policy for further information by clicking here.
- Tickets to the castle and/or garden are not free with a Marazion Pass. If you would like to visit the castle and/or garden, tickets can be purchased in advance or on the day of your visit, subject to availability. Click here for further information on the castle and garden tickets.
- Further information on the harbour and village can be found here and information on our shops and catering outlets.
- Our full Frequently Asked Questions can be found here.
- Photocopy passes will not be accepted.
- If you require further information or help, please email email@example.com