CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE - 17TH MARCH 2020
Following the Prime Minister’s advice on Monday 16th March, it is with great sadness that we announce the temporary closure of St Michael’s Mount to the public, effective immediately. This has not been an easy decision and is one that we have made in line with the National Trust’s decision to close all pay-for-entry sites, including houses, cafes and shops.
At this unprecedented time, the safety and wellbeing of our visitors, island residents and staff remain our priority during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
We want to thank our incredible team for their understanding and our visitors for their continued support. We hope to reopen our doors in the not too distant future.
Please check our website and social media channels for additional updates. We aim to continue to bring you news and stories from the Mount during this unforeseen closure period.
You can view our Frequently Asked Questions during this time here
Explore together, remember always…
Bringing a group to the Mount? Let us help you make it a day to remember.
Marvel at the terraced gardens clinging to the cliffs, wonder at the priory church at the Mount’s summit which dates back to 1135 or gaze out across rows of cannons to where Napoleonic ships lay at anchor.
Whether you’re fascinated by ley lines, interested in sub-tropical flora and fauna, need to bring the Civil War to life for your students, or have any other specialist interests, we’ll tailor your visit to fit. We can create itineraries based on your needs and requirements, or can bring in specialist guides who’ll be able to answer your questions – so you can get more from your island experience.
Group discounts and benefits include:
- Priority coach parking in dedicated bays
- Preferential admission rates for pre-booked groups of 15 or more (£9.50 per adult for the castle or £15.00 for combined castle and garden entrance)
- Pre-booked lunches or afternoon teas at the Island Café or The Sail Loft on the island, or on the mainland at the Godolphin Arms
- Experienced guides available for special guided tours (April-June and September-October, for an additional charge)
- Depending on requirements, we may be able to offer a specific language tour.
- Free admission for coach drivers
- Reduced price guide books on pre-order
Meeting your needs
To help us plan the ideal visit for you, get in touch and tell us:
- How long will you spend at the Mount? (as a guide, most groups allow between two and four hours, including the trip to and from the mainland)
- What are your group’s interests?
- Do you have any special requirements, for example, disabled access, young children or religious beliefs?
We can then make suggestions of things for you to see and do, as well as ways to make your trip run smoothly.
Download a copy of the 2020 Group Travel Guide below, or to discuss your requirements, contact our Groups Administrator, on 01736 710507 or email firstname.lastname@example.org